
Demo: FREE!
Dumpster rental: $215 BGI Waste Services
Cabinets: $3411.58 Ikea
Extra stuff: $103.63 (Drawers that were out of stock when we purchased the cabinets, plus dish drawer organizers and spice drawer organizers) Ikea
Cabinet installation: FREE!
Cabinet pulls: $161.59 Ikea
Cabinet dividers: $38.83 Ikea
Countertops: $1,280.40 (Including installation – awesome deal!!!)
Faucet for sink: $147.66 Lowes
Fridge: $1622.98 ($1593.10 plus $29.88 for delivery) - We splurged. :) Brandsmart
Oven: $754.32
Microwave: $234.20 Over-the-range venting microwaves are expensive! Brandsmart
Stovetop: FREE! (We kept our old one)
Materials for new wall: $100.06 Home Depot
Labor for new wall: FREE!
New door for pantry: $83.51 Home Depot
Pantry shelving: $161.98 Ikea
Installation for pantry shelving: FREE!
Paint for pantry: $37.64 (Including supplies and chalkboard paint for the door.)
Plumbing: $550
Appliance electric work: $140
Flooring: $638.27
Flooring installation: FREE!
Misc charges: $153.96 (random things like nails, paint rollers, caulk, hacksaw, etc.)
Grand Total: $9,835.60
Wow! I really thought we'd be more like $12,000 in right now!
Of course, we still have the following to do:
Lighting electric work: ??
Backsplash: ??
Backsplash installation: FREE!
Labor to vent dryer: ??
Lighting: ??
Ceiling patchwork: FREE!
Ceiling paint: FREE! (A gift from our real estate agent)
Labor to paint the ceiling: ??
So I know we're not going to come in under our $10,000 budget. But I'm still pretty impressed!
When we met with a contractor, his quote was $8,071 for labor alone. Then, when you add the rest of stuff we would have paid for separately (the cabinets, countertops, flooring, appliances, etc.) to the $8,071 - it comes to around $16,600! So I think we've saved about $6000 doing the kitchen ourselves. Sweet!!
Josh's dad is coming down tomorrow to help us finish up some stuff. Woo hoo!
I'm so ready for my kitchen to be DONE!


No comments:
Post a Comment