Wednesday, February 10, 2010

You make all things work together for my good

Sunday at church we sang Your Love Never Fails and I just have to say that I LOVE this song. Especially the part that says, "You make all things work together for my good." I need to keep that in my mind and remember that everyday at this point in my life. (More later about this.)

So I bet you would like to know why I named my blog "Belle to Businesswoman." Well, I literally went from Belle, to Businesswoman.



The first pic is of me at my first job. I started working at a local attraction (that will remain nameless) when I was 16. It was a part time job that I kept all through high school and during my undergraduate studies at college. When I graduated with my undergrad degree, I was promoted and moved up in the company a few more times while I was finishing my graduate degree in Human Resources. In 2008, I was offered an office manager position at the corporate office that owns the above mentioned attraction (as well as 22 other attractions-it's a pretty large company). I worked there until last September when I was laid off as part of a company-wide reduction in force. Yes, I was a little upset, (it is hard not to take it personally) but I got a great severance and I tried to consider it a good thing. Now I could look for an HR specific job.


But here comes the weird part. The same company called me back in November and asked me to work as a temp in an executive assistant position at the corporate office. I accepted because even thought I had been on 5 interviews, I still hadn't found employment. Well, turns out, I LOVE my temp job. And I am really good at it. So I say to the company, "Hey Company, I'd like to stay on and be a permanent employee in the position. I like the position and I feel that I am doing a good job." And you know what they told me? Do you know what the company that I worked for a total of 9 years told me? Do you know what they told me in regards to the job that I am currently doing, the job that I am good at? "Sure-you can interview for the position, along with the other candidates we are going to interview." So here I am...in limbo-not knowing whether or not I will have a job in a few weeks. So far, the company has only interviewed one other person, and that was over a month ago. I'm just confused and trapped and in a generally weird and awkward situation. I've told the company, "Well, since this isn't a guaranteed thing, I have to keep going to interviews." But honestly, I am tired of interviewing. I just want to have a job that is secure (well, as secure as a job can be in this economy) and just focus on doing the best that I can at that job. Is that so much to ask?

But I do believe that God has a plan for me. Maybe I am supposed to work for this company. (Hell, I've put 9 years of my life into this company. My blood, sweat, and tears have gone into this company-literally. Ask me to tell you some of those stories later.) Maybe one day I will be the CEO of this company! (Note that this is not an actual dream of mine-I have no desire to make it THAT far up the corporate ladder.)

But anyways, I need to remember that "You make all things work together for my good." I need to put all of my trust in God and hopefully, I can stop worry and fretting over my job.

No comments: